Duties of the Senior Design Engineer include:
- Working closely on temporary works schemes with clients and other professionals
- Undertaking full design duties across all facets of the company's engineering services under the general area of specialised temporary works design specific to, but not limited to, bridge design, constructability and stage-by-stage analysis
- Working within the design team to conceptualise structural solutions, embrace agreed concept and further develop structural designs and documentation to the required level of completion
- Being responsible for their design and associated design documentation, ensuring timely flow of information and ensuring design-related issues are resolved efficiently and cost-effectively
- Supervising project teams
- Providing progress reports to clients and senior managers.
You will be able to demonstrate the following from previous experience:
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all facets of work
- Steel detailing and analysis skills
- Bridge analysis skills (stage-by-stage analysis)
- Site experience to understand constraints on-site and in fabrication yard/s
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, ability to work effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to work well in a team and assist members to successful task completion
- Ability to work well independently and initiate activities, as appropriate, and consistent with the job description.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Skills, qualifications and experience of the Senior Design Engineer include:
- Professional Structural Engineering Degree qualified with minimum five years’ experience in temporary works design
- Chartered Engineer status (preferable)
- Sound to advanced ability in both structural design and bridge analysis disciplines
- Experience with AS Design Codes of Practice
- Experience in road, rail and tunnels (advantageous).
Send us your CV
CJC Management (CJC) are looking for experienced personnel to join our rapidly growing, forward thinking team.
Please fill out the form below and attached any relevant documentation.