Joseph brings 26 years of professional experience as a senior Commercial and Contracts Manager in the building and engineering industry, working with projects in Europe, the USA, South America, the Middle East, and Australia. He has worked on a wide variety of complex multi-million-dollar engineering, infrastructure, resources and building projects, in senior project and corporate management roles for tier 1 contractors and public sector clients.
Joseph’s key project include:
- Commercial Manager for Transport for NSW. Managing of Major Motorways Financial and Commercial closure of disputes and issues including Contract Administration and Claims Management
- Sydney Light Rail CBD & Southeast. Responsible for reporting to and assisting the Senior Commercial Manager
Mandy is the backbone of our company and has a wealth of experience working across the different offices within the organisation as an Account Manager. Mandy is detail-oriented, efficient and organised. She ensures the efficient running of CJC.
Peter is a chartered Civil Engineer with over eight years’ industry experience in projects ranging from $200,000 to $800 million. He has a proven track record in Australia and the United Kingdom (UK) with Tier 1 Contractors.
Peter has extensive experience delivering complex infrastructure projects including across safety, quality and cost control disciplines.
Peter’s key projects include:
- Australia Avenue/Underwood Road Intersection Upgrade – Peter was Construction Advisor for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) (now Transport for NSW (TfNSW)) and was engaged during the second stage, following CJC’s initial contract. This role included reviewing six proposed options and providing constructability advice and reviewing existing Homebush Bay Drive pier relocation technical advice.
- Parramatta Light Rail – As Senior Project Engineer for Ventia Peter was responsible for safety, quality, cost, Contractor and subcontractor management and work sequencing.
- Thames Tideway Tunnel East, London, UK – Peter was Senior Project Engineer for Costain Vinci and Bachy Soletanche Joint Venture (CVBJV) with responsibility for safety, quality, cost, works sequencing and temporary works for the Chambers Wharf (main tunnel drive). He also led a team of section and Site Engineers.
John has been involved in heavy civil marine engineering for more than 40 years. His responsibilities include delivering and providing advice on major marine and bridge projects and leading multi-disciplinary and international teams.
Key projects include:
- Marsa Al Seef – John was Chief Resident Engineer of Ports and Maritime. His role was team leader for all marine supervision works on projects including providing technical and contractual support.
- New Forth Crossing – John was Department Head Marine for American Bridge International. Marine works undertaken in this role included construction of nine foundations in the river and the logistics support for other bridge construction.
- London Gateway Port – As Project Director for Laing O’Rourke, John was responsible for devising construction concepts for marine works including dredging and construction of a 1,200m long diaphragm wall.
Rachael has worked in the civil engineering industry for six years, fulfilling roles within client and Contractor companies. She has gained a strong technical understanding of tunnel construction, having spent eighteen months on the client-side of WestConnex Stage 1B New M4 and eight months in a site-based role for the Contractor of NorthConnex.
Rachael’s key projects include:
- Osborne Naval Shipyard – Rachael was Project Engineer for Australian Naval Infrastructure (ANI).
- NorthConnex – As Site Engineer for the Lend Lease/Bouygues Construction Australia Joint Venture (LLBJV), Rachael managed the completion process including coordinating completion meetings and reviewing quality documentation.
- WestConnex Stage 1B New M4 – Rachael was Project Engineer for Sydney Motorway Corporation (now Transurban) and responsible for overseeing the construction of 5.5km twin road tunnels, attending site walks, escalating program risks to management when needed, reporting daily and weekly progress and reviewing quality documentation for compliance.
Florian is a highly qualified structural & Civil Engineer with 15 years professional experience working on complex large-scale construction infrastructure projects in Australia. Areas of expertise include bridge construction, rail construction, structural and temporary design emphasising method engineering, project management and financial control with practical experience in project delivery and supervising construction sites.
Florian key projects include:
- Florian is currently acting as a Senior Project Engineer for ACCIONA on the Sydney Light Rail Project.
- Sydney Metro Northwest as a Senior Project Engineer for TfNSW responsible for the erection of the pre-cast segmental curved cable-stayed bridge.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge Southern Cycleway constructability assessment.
Wei has over 10 years’ experience including earthworks, Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) roadworks, bridges, contaminated land remediation, Sydney Port works, public domain works, commercial and retail building developments and Sydney Metro station builds.
Wei has achieved some outstanding results delivering complex projects within tight timeframes. He excels when leading dynamic and diverse teams to successfully complete projects.
Wei’s key projects include:
- Sydney Metro West – In his current role of Senior Project Manager for Transport for NSW (TfNSW), Wei provides technical advice on the west station excavation.
- Sydney Metro Northwest – Wei was Senior Project Engineer for the CPB Contractors/JohnHolland/Dragados Joint Venture for the construction of the Hills Showground Station.
- Holland/Dragados Joint Venture for the construction of the Hills Showground Station.
- Sydney Metro City & Southwest – Wei was Senior Project Engineer/Area Manager for CPB Contractors with responsibility for the Pitt Street Integrated Station Development (one of five new stations for Sydney Metro City & Southwest). He was involved in the tender bid, including design review and constructability analysis.
Matthew has 15 years’ experience as a Civil Engineer working on a wide variety of projects in the construction industry. Throughout his career, he has developed a comprehensive understanding of the requirements to manage private and government interfaces to drive the successful delivery of a project.
His experience working in both the private & government sectors has been developed on a variety of projects consisting of rail platform, concourse and building works, rail track duplication, TfNSW and local council roadworks, large commercial subdivisions, bulk quarry earthworks and bridge works.
Matthew’s key projects include:
- Henry Lawson Drive Upgrade – Stage 1B – Provision of constructability advice to inform development of concept design.
- Garfield Road Central Upgrade – Provision of constructability advice to inform development of strategic designs and selection of suitable grade separated solution to existing level crossing. Includes review of road over rail and rail over road options.
- Station Infrastructure Projects, NSW – Working within the Station Projects Team. Responsible for managing the delivery of upgrades to existing station buildings, station facilities and other customer service products, including Wayfinding. Implementation of these upgrade programs include reconfiguration of station layouts and assets which often involves ancillary works to existing services and DB upgrades.
- Cordeaux Rd Upgrade, NSW – Responsibilities include managing all aspects of project delivery undertaking contract management, forecasting, HSEQ requirements, procurement, programming, resourcing, risk management, and stakeholder management.
Patrick is a Project Manager with over 15 years of delivery of road infrastructure projects. Patrick was responsible for managing subcontractors in the delivery of drainage, utilities, road pavement, mobile batch plants, site establishment and slope stabilisation works on the Acacia Ridge Training Centre Carpark and Calliope Range Deviation.
More recently, Patrick employed his skills in road construction in role as Project Manager for WestConnex Stage 3A and Area Manager for WestConnex Stage 1B. Patrick’s responsibilities included managing a team of engineers for the delivery of road and civil construction works in congestion road corridors and sensitive local community areas. The construction works included new concrete and asphalt pavement, pavement tie-ins to existing roads, drainage, utilities, retaining walls, noise walls, barriers and landscaping. Patrick provided technical assistance on design and construction issues across his roles in senior management.
Patrick’s key projects include:
- WestConnex Stage 3A M4-M5 Link Tunnels Surface Works – Patrick lead a team of engineers from the establishments of the 3 major tunneling sites to the delivery of permanent works.
- WestConnex Stage 1B New M4 Wattle Street Interchange – Works ranged from planning, implementation, and close out of demolition, bulk earthworks, contamination management, utility elocations and pavements to major traffic switches.
Jonathan has in excess of 22 years’ experience in a wide range of construction sectors and roles. He has a strong background in structural & heavy civil engineering (Bridges, Buildings, Precast RC concrete) management and training of multi‐disciplinary teams and departments. Jonathan is an expert solution provider with a proactive and practical attitude.
Jonathan’s key projects include:
- Construction manager at Osborne Naval Shipyard responsible for constructability review for hall construction, management of contractor, tracking of programmes, review/ approval of costs and reporting to the government.
- Sydney Metro Northwest as a project Manager to provide expert assistance in the erection equipment and methodology for span by span and the cable stayed bridge construction.
- Queensferry crossing in Scotland as Head of Section – Cable Stayed Bridge Deck Erection.
Quoc has 15 years’ experience as a Civil Engineer on a range of major road and rail infrastructure projects. His extensive experience in project engineering/project management includes large scale infrastructure projects.
Quoc’s key projects include:
- NorthConnex – Quoc was the Senior Project Engineer for the Lend Lease/Bouygues Construction Australia Joint Venture (LLBJV). He managed the structures team which included widening of two bridge structures, construction of six noise walls and three retaining walls.
- WestConnex Stage 1A M4 Widening – Quoc was Utilities Manager (Civil) for CPB Contractors and managed and delivered the utility relocation and protection on the project, providing subject matter expertise in the area of utilities. He also coordinated the construction of 8km of new Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) infrastructure.
- The Northern Road Stage 5 and 6 – As Property Adjustments Manager and Utilities Manager for CPB Contractors, Quoc was responsible for managing the property adjustments to 117 properties.
- Alexandria to Moore Park Connectivity Upgrade – Quoc was Project Manager (Civil) for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) (now Transport for NSW (TfNSW)) and provided constructability advice on the civil works for this project.
Paul has significant, design management, asset management, project management and site experience spanning 25 years working for both contractors and clients. During his career he has participated in varied projects in complex operational environments most of these involving a high degree of design, design management and asset management.
Paul has experience in multiple fields such as Roads, Airports, Infrastructure and Services, and Materials testing, covering the full spectrum of the project lifecycle from ideation through to handover and asset management.
Paul has the unique experience of holding senior positions with direct asset management responsibility allowing him to undertake the design management process with a focus on the full project lifecycle.
Paul’s key projects include:
- TfNSW Gateway Project, Sydney
- TfNSW Airport East Project
- Design Manager – Oil Fields, Indonesia
- Technical manager – Various roads, airports and ports projects
Florian has over 13 years of experience in a wide range of infrastructure projects and has an extensive design background in civil and structural engineering. He has experience in precast segmental bridge design and construction, and specialist knowledge of post-tensioning and cable-stay systems. Florian is a solution provider with an unbiased, proactive and practical attitude and approach.
Florian key projects include:
- Melbourne’s West Gate Tunnel Project bridge stability and temporary works design for multiple packages.
- Batemans Bay Bridge out-of-balance cantilever propping.
- Bolivia Hill Bridge temporary works design and form-traveller modification and many more. Florian has an innovative approach which allows him to provide effective solutions.
Richard has over 25 years of experience in the delivery of major infrastructure projects in Australia and is responsible for the growth and development of the Delivery side of CJC Management.
Richard has experience across all phases of a project and has been successful in the delivery of multiple infrastructure works across various sectors including Aviation, Roads, Structures and Energy. He has a high attention to detail and a key focus on delivering to the client’s needs and budgetary constraints. Richard is an exceptional leader and develops teams to ensure high-performance outputs are maintained and developed.
Richard’s key roles include:
- Providing valuable construction input on Pumped Hydro, Inland Rail and Port tender submissions including development of construction methodologies, programming and sequencing of works, site access, procurement, offsite and onsite manufacturing feasibility, remote working strategies, stakeholder management, and project construction risk and mitigation. This role has a large focus on transport and renewable energy.
- Being selected as the Project Manager at The Northern Road Stage 5 and 6. The project involved the construction of 12-kilometre lean mix concrete and asphalt pavement. The success of the project hinged on the relocation of critical utilities including Sydney Water, HV and LV electrical mains, and Telstra and NBN assets. In this role, Richard was responsible for managing construction and commercial risk, providing financial project cost reports, and ensuring environmental compliance and objectives were achieved accordingly.
Sarah is an experienced infrastructure delivery and construction management specialist and heads the CJC Management Constructability Assessment team, as a Project Manager. Sarah brings close to 20 years of infrastructure development, delivery and construction management experience to CJC.
Sarah is recognised for her creative, collaborative, and transparent approach to connect project stakeholders, and excels at developing innovative solutions to drive complex project delivery. Her construction experience bridges the gap between developing concept proposals to project procurement and delivery, generating and capturing successful ideas and opportunities.
Key projects where Sarah has played a leadership role include:
- Regional Rail – Dubbo Maintenance Facility, Dubbo
- Ipswich Motorway Upgrade, Brisbane
- Windsor Road Upgrade, Rouse Hill
- Cross City Tunnel, Sydney
As a highly experienced Project Manager, Graham has extensive major design and construct experience on large and small scale projects, with a key focus on infrastructure projects for Transport for NSW projects across New South Wales. Graham maintains a collaborative and open approach to project management, focussed on developing innovative solutions to complex construction challenges – interrogating the design from the outset by looking at all stages of the project life cycle, including procurement and contracts, cost, value, constructability, maintenance and long-term functionality of the asset.
Graham has managed all functions of a project, and the success he has experienced clearly demonstrates his ability to manage these facets to quickly and efficiently establish high performance, unified project teams.
Some of Graham’s recent project include:
- Kings Hill Interchange and Drainage Channel
- Development Golden Highway Upgrade
- Wynyard Walk Project
- Newcastle Inner City Bypass
- Hunter Expressway
Dan has over 15 years’ experience in construction and infrastructure, working on large road and rail projects across Australia. Dan is a civil and tunnel infrastructure specialist and was recently part of the senior team delivering WestConnex M4 East and the award winning Sydney Metro Northwest.
Dan’s key projects include:
- Sydney Metro West – In his current role of Senior Project Manager for Transport for NSW (TfNSW), Dan provides technical advice on the tunnel and precast operations.
- WestConnex Stage 1B New M4 – As Project Manager for the CPB Contractors/John Holland/Samsung Joint Venture, Dan helped to deliver the surface works and cut and cover works at the Parramatta Road and Wattle Street site, including the Parramatta Road vent facility.
- Sydney Metro Northwest – Dan was Project Manager for the CPB/John Holland/Dragados Joint Venture, with responsibility for the Bella Vista to Cherrybrook 15km of excavation for rail tunnels, using tunnel boring machines (TBM).
For more than 25 years’, Craig has expanded his strong structural engineering background to develop broader skills in planning, management and execution within the construction industry. These skills are fundamental to efficient and innovative design practices.
Working primarily in the aviation Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) area, Craig’s key strengths include design, design management, building structures advice, project management, scheduling and estimating and cost control. Craig’s attributes include his drive, accuracy and tenacious approach to problem-solving which ensure efficient, timely and cost-effective project delivery.
Craig’s key projects include:
- Future Submarine Project – As Building Structures Specialist, Craig was the subject matter expert for Australian Naval Infrastructure (ANI), working on an Australian Department of Defence project and providing building structures advisory services for the planning and design phase.
- Craig has undertaken various projects as Engineering Director and Commercial Manager for Airport Support Industries. This includes STTS Dubai Paint Facility, Dubai; Moroccan Royal Fleet Hangar, Sale-Rabat Airport, Morocco; Jet Aviation (Asia Pacific) Hangar 3, Seletar, Singapore; Sepang Aircraft Engineering (SAE) Maintenance and Painting Facility, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Jet Aviation (Asia Pacific) Hangar 2, Seletar, Singapore; and Singapore Airlines Engineering Philippines (SIAEG) Hangar 3, Clark International Airport, Philippines.
Craig Stoddart brings over 22 years’ experience as a Civil Engineer on a range of projects. This includes road, bridge, tunnel, marine, industrial, commercial and development projects.
Craig is highly experienced in all stages of urban infrastructure projects and is regularly engaged by Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) and Tier 1 designers to provide constructability, utilities and risk management advice.
Craig is registered on the RMS Constructability Panel. Some of his key projects include:
- Sydney Metro Northwest – Craig was Senior Project Engineer for the Independent Certifier and responsible for managing the Independent Certifier’s construction surveillance team on-site and for resolution of significant construction issues. His work related specifically to the surface viaduct and civils works.
- WestConnex Stage 1A M4 Widening – Craig was Assistant Construction Manager for Sydney Motorway Corporation (now Transurban) and managed the defects process, completion process and quality management.
- WestConnex Stage 3B M4-M5 Link Rozelle Interchange – As Surface Works Construction Advisor Craig provided advice regarding the assessment of the surface works, traffic and quality components of the design and construct tender and construction advice during the collaborative client/Contractor tender process.
- Australia Avenue/Underwood Road Intersection Upgrade – Craig was Construction Advisor for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) (now Transport for NSW (TfNSW)) and undertook an assessment of four preliminary design options including overpass structures and tunnel underpass structures.
Pushpa Nadanapatham began his career in 1984 in Sri Lanka and migrated to Australia in 1990. His first major project in Australia was Sydney’s 3rd parallel and became part of many Major Complex projects in Australia.
During his professional career to date, he’s worked for Baulderstone Hornibrook, Thiess, Fultonhogan and CPB across almost every state in Australia.
Pushpa’s key projects include:
- Melbourne Western Link
- Awoonga Dam Projec
- Pacific Highway Projects
- Inner Northern Busway
- Boggo Road Busway, Brisbane
Michael has in excess of 28 years’ experience in a wide range of roles and construction sectors. He has a strong background in Aviation and Infrastructure projects working for both contractors and clients, leading multi-disciplinary teams and departments. Michael is a passionate leader with a practical attitude.
Michael’s key roles include:
- General Manager Construction Delivery for Sydney Airport responsible for delivering numerous airfield and terminals projects in a live operating environment
- Vice President Construction for Tameer Holding Investments in the UAE, responsible for establishing and developing teams to lead construction projects across the United Arab Emirates
- Operations/ Construction/ Project Manager for Emoleum responsible for major projects and airport sector works
- Project Engineer for Baulderstone Hornibrook working on iconic projects including Sydney’s Parallel Runway, Anzac Bridge and Melbourne’s City Link elevated roads.
Colin Calder is an experienced Civil Engineer with over 26 years’ experience in senior management/project management roles on motorway, bridge, rail and tunnelling projects. During his career, he has led delivery of major construction projects in Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa, India and Namibia.
Colin has extensive experience in the management of teams, financial accountability and strategic planning on local and international projects.
Key projects where Colin has played a leadership role include:
- WestConnex Stage 1B New M4 – Colin was Construction Manager for Sydney Motorway Corporation (now Transurban) across all of the surface works sites of the project. He then managed the handover process to the Operations and Maintenance Contractor.
- Sydney Metro Northwest – Colin was the Engineering Consultant for Transport for NSW (TfNSW) on this award-winning project and provided specialist advice as a subject matter expert on the construction of the new Skytrain and an above ground level 4km viaduct between Kellyville and Rouse Hill.
- International roles include being the General Manager for VSL Hong Kong and projects such as F11 Hunter Expressway and General Manager for VSL India.